EPA’s Community Change Grants are now open! EPA is accepting applications on a rolling basis for $2 billion in Inflation Reduction Act funding available to support community-driven projects that build capacity for communities to tackle environmental and climate justice challenges, strengthen their climate resilience, and advance clean energy. Apply by November 21, 2024 For the Notice of Funding Opportunity visit. https://www.epa.gov/inflation-reduction-act/inflation-reduction-act-community-change-grants-program#NOFO
EPA’s Environmental Justice Community Change Equitable Resilience Technical Assistance will provide free design and project development assistance, community engagement, and partnership development workshops. This TA is intended to support eligible entities located in disaster-prone and disadvantaged communities in their pursuit of an EPA Community Change Grant, especially for projects that relate to climate resilience and long-term recovery from natural disasters.
Requests for technical assistance are now being accepted on a rolling basis until 50 recipients have been identified.
· These climate resilient projects would focus on new or expanded green infrastructure and retrofits of existing community infrastructure and buildings, streets, and open spaces to address heat islands and extreme heat, wildfire and smoke, floods, storms, and other climate impacts that pose a greater risk to disadvantaged communities.
· Eligible entities for this TA are the same for the Community Change Grants, which are expected be:
- A partnership between at least two community-based non-profit organizations (CBOs).
- A partnership between a CBO and one or any combination of the following:
- a Federally-Recognized Tribe
- a local government
- an institution of higher education.
For full information of both the grant and technical assistance visit https://www.epa.gov/inflation-reduction-act/inflation-reduction-act-community-change-grants-program