Environmental regulations are always changing, and it can be a real challenge for assistance providers to keep up. The Technical Subcommittee recognizes that many heads are better than one when it comes to understanding complex environmental policy and the impact it has on small businesses. Together, we organize knowledgeable speakers; submit comment letters to EPA on proposed rules; share ideas, resources, tools and experiences; and help each other navigate the regulatory environment so we can better serve our small business community.
The Technical Subcommittee holds conference calls on the third Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time. For more information or to get involved, contact our co-chairs, Mark Stoddard (IN) or Lee Ann Briggs (PA).
Technical Subcommittee comment letters to EPA
- Enforcing the Regulatory Reform Agenda, EO 13777 (May 2017)
- EPA’s Retrospective Review of the President’s EO of Jan. 18, 2011 (July 2016)
- Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements rule (Dec. 2015)
- Management Standards for Hazardous Waste Pharmaceutical (Dec. 2015)
- Electronic Reporting and Recordkeeping Requirements for New Source Performance Standards (May 2015)
- Improving Regulations and Regulatory Review (April 2015)
- Standards of Performance for Grain Elevators (Oct. 2014)
- Proposed changes to NESHAP for Area Sources: ICI Boilers (Feb. 2012)
- President's Executive Order on Regulatory Reform (April 2011)
- Proposed NESHAP for RICE re: emergency demand-response program (Feb. 2011)
- Regulatory Review and Reform Initiative – nominated NAAQS for Ozone (Dec. 2010)