EPA is making available $4.6 billion across two implementation grant competitions, one general competition, and one specifically for Tribes and territories. Under these funding opportunities, eligible applicants will compete for climate pollution reduction implementation grants to fund measures in their state-, municipality-, Tribe-, or territory-specific climate action plans. As part of its application evaluation, EPA will prioritize measures that achieve the greatest reduction in greenhouse gas emissions. Measures that address waste and materials management are within the scope.
The deadline to apply to the general competition is April 1, 2024. The deadline to apply to the Tribes and territories competition is May 1, 2024. EPA estimates that the implementation grants will be awarded in fall 2024 for the general competition and in winter 2024-2025 for the Tribes and territories competition.
For more information, please visit:
- The General Competition Notice of Funding Opportunity.
- The Tribes and Territories Competition NOFO.
- The Climate Pollution Reduction Grant website.
- Our Stay Connected webpage. You can sign up for notifications about the Climate Pollution Reduction Grants program.
- The new Quantified Climate Action Measures Directory.
- The Government Climate Action Plans that Address Materials Management and Waste We have added additional climate action plans to the table of plans.
- The Climate Pollution Reduction Grants webpage. You can find a list of the CPRG planning grantees in your area on this webpage.