The Administrator’s 33rd Annual Small Business Program Awards are an opportunity to recognize program activities, employees, businesses, and state and local entities for their outstanding contributions to EPA’s small business programs in Fiscal Year 2022. Learn more
Award nominations can be submitted by EPA staff only, so if you are a state SBEAP, please submit your nomination packages (a narrative of 2022 accomplishments is required) to Paula Hoag no later than Jan. 5, 2023, so that she may review and submit them formally by the Jan. 9 due date.
Administrator’s Award for Outstanding Accomplishments by an EPA Employee or Group in Support of Small Businesses Impacted by EPA Regulations
This award is presented to an EPA employee or group who demonstrated outstanding achievements in working with, and addressing the concerns of, small businesses that are impacted by EPA regulations. Examples of this type of achievement include, but are not limited to:
- Significant increase in Agency awareness of the needs of the regulated small business community.
- Significant reduction in the burden and impact of a specific EPA regulation on small businesses.
- Considerable evidence of increased regulatory compliance resulting from creative program compliance assistance tools and outreach activities (i.e., conferences and other types of special outreach efforts designed to educate the regulated small business community).
- Exemplary leadership in working with external small business assistance providers to conduct outreach to small businesses and enhance compliance with applicable environmental regulations.
Administrator’s Award for Outstanding Accomplishments by a Small Business Trade Association or State Small Business Environmental Assistance Provider in Providing Technical Environmental Assistance to the Small Business Community
This award is presented to a Small Business Trade Association or State Small Business Environmental Assistance Provider who demonstrated outstanding achievements in providing technical environmental assistance to small businesses regulated by EPA. Examples of this type of achievement include, but are not limited to:
- Exemplary leadership in working with small businesses to provide compliance assistance and outreach to small businesses and enhance compliance with applicable environmental regulations.
- Creative development of effective methods or tools to assist small businesses in complying with environmental laws and regulations.