Page under construction

The construction industry sector may include small business that offer residential and commercial remodeling to those businesses engaged in the construction of buildings or engineering projects. This sector typically falls  under the NAICS 23 and SICs range from 15-17. Specifically, home improvement construction has a SIC 1522. Some of the industrial activities associated with the construction sector generate air emissions, hazardous waste and waste and stormwater and are regulated by the EPA or states. Resources on this page provide a general overview with linked resources for air quality, waste and water management regulations. A few resources are available in various langauges. If you identify a resource that should be listed on this page, please notify

Air quality



Lead-based paint hazardous (in Spanish, and Chinese)

Waste management



Contruction stormwater permits - This resource is offered in various languages